Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Joy of the Sabbath!

Today I felt so grateful for Sunday. I love that I have a day set apart to set aside my worries and cares and reflect on my spirituality and my eternal journey. I love church and worshipping and discussing spiritual matters with others. Today I felt enlightened by the talks shared by my peers and the music played. I enjoy getting to know and interacting with others in my church congregation.

Overall, I love that Sunday restores balance to my life. Each Sunday, I have tried to better ponder my spiritual progress and ask the Lord, what I need to change in my life as I take the sacrament. I am grateful to receive personal revelation from a loving tutor. This talk by Larry R. Lawrence explains it well, and I quote from it: 

The Holy Ghost doesn’t tell us to improve everything at once. If He did, we would become discouraged and give up. The Spirit works with us at our own speed, one step at a time, or as the Lord has taught, “line upon line, precept upon precept, … and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, … for unto him that receiveth I will give more.”6 For example, if the Holy Ghost has been prompting you to say “thank you” more often, and you respond to that prompting, then He may feel it’s time for you to move on to something more challenging—like learning to say, “I’m sorry; that was my fault." 

A perfect time to ask, “What lack I yet?” is when we take the sacrament. The Apostle Paul taught that this is a time for each of us to examine ourselves.7 In this reverent atmosphere, as our thoughts are turned heavenward, the Lord can gently tell us what we need to work on next.

No comments:

Post a Comment